We support organisations working to enhance the legal standing and social acceptance of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people. We have a particular interest in the relationship between discriminatory laws, homophobia and violence.
Human rights defenders are increasingly at risk in many countries of the world. Even some formally democratic countries have introduced laws restricting foreign funding and other measures aimed at undermining the role of civil society. In many countries, there is a new level of uncertainty, and often underlying threats of violence or arrest. Some of our grantees, working in difficult environments, have asked us not to publicise their work for security reasons. The Trust supports two additional grantees in this programme whose details cannot be shared on this website.
- Aswat – Palestinian Gay Women
- Council for Global Equality
- Human Dignity Trust
- International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Intersex Association (ILGA) - European Region
- Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG)
- LGBT Support Centre of the Macedonian Helsinki Committee
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
- Parliamentarians for Global Action
- Pembe Hayat
- PINK Armenia
- Transgender Equality Network Ireland
- Transgender Legal Defense Project
- UK Lesbian & Gay Immigration Group (UKLGIG)
- Women's Initiatives Supporting Group